Research & Instruction
Research & Information Literacy Services
Save time. Improve the Quality of Your Research. Ask Reference!
Whether you are looking for help on getting started with a paper, working on a more in-depth research project, or just need help finding some basic information our reference and research librarians are here to help.
Research & Information Literacy Services will assist you in:
- Finding information and evaluating helpful resources on a topic for your paper, presentations and projects
- Make even better use of information resource you already know about… including library databases, the Primo library catalog and reliable digital resources in your research area
- Helping you better understand the entire research process and how library resources and services can be used to assist you in all your scholarly endeavors
Our librarians can also help with:
- Finding the right person or service area in the library to help you whatever you are working on
- Locating other useful campus and off-campus services and information resources
Find a friendly face and the assistance you need with your work at the Research & Information Literacy Services point in Room 233 on the second floor of the Claire T. Carney Library (508-999-8678).
You can also get more extended individual or project group assistance in your research by contacting a subject specialist in your area of study or research. Our librarian liaisons work with specific departments and schools, and are especially knowledgeable about the knowledge resources and services related to those areas. Think ahead; contact your liaison librarian now to make an appointment.
Of course, for quick assistance wherever you are try the “Ask a Librarian” chat service.
And don’t forget to try our Research Guides, maybe there is one ready-made to help you with your work.
Additional specialized reference and research services are available at other services areas: