Go use RefWorks now!
See below for RefWorks access instructions.
RefWorks is a Web-based bibliography and citation manager that allows you to create your own personal database by importing references from text files or online databases. You can use these references in writing your papers and automatically format the paper and the bibliography when you are ready.
You must create a personal account from a computer on the UMass Dartmouth campus network or login via the Library's proxy server if you are off-campus, but after that, the program can be used from any Internet connected computer.
RefWorks allows you to…
- Create a database of your references (an unlimited number of references can be added and you can create and share several RefWorks databases)
- Import references from the UMass Dartmouth Primo Library Search
- Import references from external databases such as those available on the Library's eResouces web page (e.g. CINAHL, ABI Inform, InfoTrac, etc.)
- Organize and manage your references
- Create and format bibliographies and manuscripts and easily make changes to your paper and reformat whenever you want
- Import references from a variety of databases using the already created Import Filters.
- Searching your RefWorks database is fast and easy – RefWorks automatically creates author, descriptor and periodical indexes when importing so you just click on the word to perform the retrieval. Use Quick Search to search all fields for the most comprehensive results or Advanced Search to narrow your search to specific terms and fields.
There is a RefWorks tutorial available within the program itself (just click on the "Tutorial" link at the top of the RefWorks interface). Or try the Quickstart guide at http://www.refworks.com/Refworks/help/Refworks.htm#Quick_Start_Guide.htm
UMass Dartmouth Access Instructions
To access RefWorks choose the link above or go to http://www.refworks.com/refworks/
All UMass Dartmouth students, faculty, and staff are elible to use RefWorks. Authorization is by the login name and password that you create when you first create your account on RefWorks. Refworks will recognize you as a UMass Dartmouth community member when you are on campus, however, if you are registering from off-campus you will be required to enter a Group Code in addition to a login name and password. To find out the the Group Code please go to the UMD eResources Username and Password page.
Or send us an email: Ask @Reference Online?