Library Account and UMass Pass Information
Making use of my UMass Pass and UMassD User Login Account in the library ...
Using Library Services with YOUR UMass Pass
Your UMass Pass can be used to check out books and materials from the library.
It’s always good to have it with you, because it also can be used in the library as:
- University Identification
- A Library Card for checking out materials and borrowing items through the Massachusetts State Virtual Catalog
- A debit card that contains YOUR printing allocation for the printing services in theLearning Commons (1st floor), the Scholarly Commons (2nd floor) as well as thecomputer labs on the lower level (basement) of the library
- A debit card for paying library charges (fines, etc.)
- A debit card for the food service cart located just outside the 2nd floor door in the library
When you are using an online library service such as the Massachusetts State Virtual Catalog you will need to use your library barcode number. If you look at our samples you will see that it is the entire number on the front of your UMass Pass, not just your student ID number.
If you are a new student, faculty, or staff member at the university you can get your UMass Pass from at the UMass Pass Service Point located on the 1st floor (lower level) of the University Campus Center.
Using Library Services with YOUR UMassD Login Account
Your UMassD Login Account is used to access a wide and growing range of library services.
It is required for you to access such services as:
- the library's online articles & databases resources
- the library's full-text journals and releated resources
- the library's WorldCAT search and request services (search and request books and materials from other libraries)
- the library's Interlibrary Loan Services
- and an upcoming arrary of new services and resources
If you have questions about your account try the University's Computer & Information Technology Services help pages.